Join Global BC as we celebrate 60 years on-air and in the community!
To help us mark the occasion, join us every Sunday on Global News Morning from Sept. 20 to Oct. 25 for Global BC’s 60th Anniversary Cooking Together, in partnership with Trail Appliances.
We are celebrating our anniversary with a delicious family dish, prepared by your favourite Global BC personality and Chef Wayne Sych!
The schedule is as follows:
- Global BC Community Reporter Michael Newman makes Jamaican escovitch fish
- Global News Anchor Neetu Garcha makes aloo gobi with roti and fresh mint chutney
- Global News Anchor Paul Haysom makes savoury sausage rolls
- Global BC Senior Meteorologist Kristi Gordon makes kid-friendly chicken pasta
- Global BC Traffic Reporter Kaitlyn Herbst – makes easy beef lasagna
- Global News Anchor Chris Gailus makes Beef Rouladen
We will also share the recipe on our Cooking Together web page so you can add it to your own recipe book!
Our station originally branded CHAN-TV and airing on Channel 8, first signed on the air at 4:45 p.m. on Oct. 31, 1960, from temporary studios at the corner of Richards and Davie in downtown Vancouver. A short time later the station moved to Burnaby, where it has been broadcasting from ever since.
- Wendy’s to start rolling out surge pricing with ‘AI-enabled menu changes’
- ‘Leg for a life’: B.C. man looks forward after amputation due to flesh-eating disease
- Talking about opting out of pharmacare is ‘premature,’ health minister says
- Why thousands of rural Ontarians may be at risk of losing their doctor