Join Global BC as we celebrate 60 years on-air and in the community!
To help us mark the occasion, join us every Sunday on Global News Morning from Sept. 20 to Nov. 1 for Global BC’s 60th Anniversary Cooking Together, in partnership with Trail Appliances.
We are celebrating our anniversary with a delicious family dish, prepared by your favourite Global BC personality and Chef Wayne Sych!
The schedule is as follows:
- Global BC Community Reporter Michael Newman makes Jamaican escovitch fish
- Global News Anchor Neetu Garcha makes aloo gobi with roti and fresh mint chutney
- Global News Anchor Paul Haysom makes savoury sausage rolls
- Global BC Senior Meteorologist Kristi Gordon makes kid-friendly chicken pasta
- Global BC Traffic Reporter Kaitlyn Herbst – makes easy beef lasagna
- Global News Anchor Sophie Lui – Sunday, Oct. 25
- Global News Anchor Chris Gailus – Sunday, Nov. 1
We will also share the recipe on our Cooking Together web page so you can add it to your own recipe book!
Our station originally branded CHAN-TV and airing on Channel 8, first signed on the air at 4:45 p.m. on Oct. 31, 1960, from temporary studios at the corner of Richards and Davie in downtown Vancouver. A short time later the station moved to Burnaby, where it has been broadcasting from ever since.