Join Global BC as we celebrate 60 years on-air and in the community!
To help us mark the occasion, join us every Sunday on Global News Morning from Sept. 20 to Oct. 25 for Global BC’s 60th Anniversary Cooking Together, in partnership with Trail Appliances.
Below you will find the recipe for anchor Kaitlyn Herbst’s easy lasagna.
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 650 ml jar of Classico pasta sauce (or any premade pasta sauce, any flavour)
- Oven ready lasagna noodles
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Scramble fry ground beef, drain excess fat
- Add pasta sauce and heat until boiling
- Using a large lasagna pan spread a small amount of sauce on bottom of pan
- Layer noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese (usually about 3 layers)
- Top with sauce and make sure noodles are covered
- Cover with mozzarella cheese
- Bake in a preheated 350 F over for approximately 45 mins or until browned and bubbling
- Let rest for about 20 mins to set before serving