Editor’s note: This story originally stated that the man was heavily armed when he arrived at the home, but OPP have clarified now that he did not have most of the weapons seized on his person upon arrival. The story has been changed to reflect that.
OPP have laid a number of charges after a police chase in Quinte West.
Police say a man went to a home on King Street on Sept. 10 around 11:30 a.m., and sometime later, they received a call of an unwanted person at that address.
The man allegedly fled, and the OPP canine unit, the emergency response team and an OPP helicopter were deployed in the area to search for the man.
Police say he was finally located in a field on Creswell Drive. He was arrested and police seized three firearms, two air pistols, ammunition, a sword and a prohibited knife. Police say the man had a knife on his person, and the other weapons were seized during the investigation.
Kevin Scurry, 27, from Trenton, was charged with:
- three counts of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- three counts of careless storage of firearms, weapons, prohibited devices or ammunition
- unauthorized possession of a prohibited or restricted firearm
- knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- possession of prohibited or restricted firearm or ammunition
- 18 counts of possession of a firearm or ammunition contrary to a prohibition order
- failure to comply with a release order
- possession of methamphetamine
- failure to comply with a probation order