Advertisement

Firefighters, paramedics on scene of suspected carbon monoxide incident in Halifax

Halifax fire crews and paramedics respond to a suspected carbon monoxide incident on Tuesday, Nov. 12, 2019. Jeremy Keefe/Global News

Several firefighters and paramedics attended an apartment building just off St. Margaret’s Bay Road for a suspected carbon monoxide incident Tuesday night.

Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency asked everyone to leave the multi-unit apartment building on Birches Drive while they investigated.

Story continues below advertisement

The building is located just off the Armdale Rotary.

Halifax Transit buses were moved in to provide shelter. Paramedics were assessing people for possible exposure to the deadly gas.

It’s believed a carbon monoxide detector raised the alarm.

READ MORE: CN rail building in Halifax a total loss, cause of fire under investigation

Few other details have been released.

More to come.

Sponsored content