Several firefighters and paramedics attended an apartment building just off St. Margaret’s Bay Road for a suspected carbon monoxide incident Tuesday night.
Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency asked everyone to leave the multi-unit apartment building on Birches Drive while they investigated.
The building is located just off the Armdale Rotary.
Halifax Transit buses were moved in to provide shelter. Paramedics were assessing people for possible exposure to the deadly gas.
It’s believed a carbon monoxide detector raised the alarm.
Few other details have been released.
More to come.