Halifax Fire and Emergency is helping fellow firefighters in Cape Breton by sending much-needed equipment to help after the devastating Thanksgiving Day floods.
Roy Hollet, Deputy Chief of Halifax Fire said Friday they are sending a truck, career personnel and gear to Cape Breton.
READ MORE: Cape Bretoners keeping watchful eye on incoming weekend storm
Get breaking National news
Half of the fleet at the Glace Bay Fire Department is currently out of service following last week’s flooding, including a million dollar ladder truck.
Halifax Fire says the truck they are sending will be stationed in Sydney, but will be able to respond to calls in Glace Bay or North Sydney if needed, especially with heavy rain in the forecast for this weekend.
- Remains of missing Brampton teen found in Saskatchewan, deemed suspicious: RCMP
- Motor oil prices are on the rise, experts say. The Strait of Hormuz is why
- Shoppers shelter in place, schools under hold and secure after Fredericton weapons call
- N.S. raises flag for International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia
READ MORE: Relief organization calls for volunteers to help with Cape Breton cleanup
Replacement bunker gear is also being sent from Halifax to Cape Breton, while gear contaminated with both oil and sewage continues to be cleaned.
Comments
Want to discuss? Please read our Commenting Policy first.