Susan Holt
-
N.B. opposition parties slam Premier Susan Holt’s plan for spending cutsOpposition leaders in New Brunswick are criticizing Premier Susan Holt’s plan to curb spending, saying the government can’t cut its way out of its perilous financial situation.PoliticsJan 30
-
Cuts coming as New Brunswick government looks to revamp economy: Premier HoltHolt says her government has a plan to transform the provincial economy, but warns doing so will require difficult decisions, including cuts to government spending.PoliticsJan 30
-
-
Advertisement
-
ICE ends operation in Maine, governor seeks details on 200 detaineesICE previously said the operation targeted 'the worst of the worst criminal illegal aliens who have terrorized communities' and had netted some 200 arrests.Jan 29
-
-
Advertisement
-
Premier Susan Holt set to deliver her second State of the Province addressHolt has kept a campaign promise to open 10 collaborative care clinics and reached a new $270-million agreement that offers incentives for doctors to work in team-based-clinics.PoliticsJan 29
-
ICE is at the border of New Brunswick and Maine, premier saysPremier Susan Holt said the presence of U.S. ICE agents at the New Brunswick-Maine border was affecting people with cross-border family and business ties.CanadaJan 28
-
-
N.B. premier Holt says strained relationship between Canada and U.S. Trump’s faultHolt met with the other Atlantic premiers in St. John’s, N.L., today, along with representatives from four New England states.PoliticsNov 17, 2025
-
-
Carney meets with N.B. premier, province expects to be on nation-building projects listPrime Minister Mark Carney travelled to New Brunswick and met with Premier Susan Holt for the first time since taking office.EconomyNov 10, 2025
-
Canadian premiers turn to New England governors for support on Trump tariffsA group of Canadian premiers appear to be setting high expectations as they pursue negotiations with U.S. governors to mitigate the impacts of tariffs on their economies.PoliticsJun 13, 2025
-
-
Advertisement
-
New Brunswick forecasts $599M deficit as Trump tariff threat loomsA $50-million contingency fund to deal with U.S. tariff threats has caused New Brunswick's projected deficit for the coming fiscal year to balloon to nearly $600 million.PoliticsMar 18, 2025
-
-
Advertisement
-
N.B. premier meets with governor of Massachusetts amid ongoing U.S. trade warHolt released a statement Sunday thanking Gov. Maura Healey for the meeting, saying the close connection between Canada and the United States is more important than ever.PoliticsMar 16, 2025
Trending
-
Tumbler Ridge shooter’s ChatGPT activity flagged internally 7 months before tragedy615 Read -
Canada warns First Nations people to carry passport when crossing U.S. border368 Read -
Abandoned baby monkey Punch dragged by older macaque in heartbreaking video292 Read -
Trump doubles down after U.S. Supreme Court strikes down global tariffs275 Read -
Virginia Giuffre’s family responds to Andrew arrest: ‘He was never a prince’255 Read -
Real Canadian Superstore fined for ‘misleading’ Product of Canada displays199 Read -
Top Videos
-
Trump ‘disagrees’ with Supreme Court ruling, imposes new 10% global tariff ‘effective immediately’49 Viewed -
Alberta premier defends referendum questions49 Viewed -
Tumbler Ridge shooter’s ChatGPT activity flagged last June49 Viewed -
Abandoned monkey befriends stuffed orangutan as clan wary33 Viewed -
Supreme Court rules Trump overstepped authority by imposing tariffs22 Viewed -
Former prince Andrew’s arrest ‘is where the house of cards starts falling’: Virginia Giuffre family -