Eduardo Balaquit
-
Crown tasked with rare case of no body and no identity in alleged Winnipeg serial killer caseFirst-degree murder charges are uncommon when there is no body and no known identity, legal experts say.CrimeDec 16, 2022
-
Balaquit killer handed 16-year sentence in Winnipeg court MondayKyle Pietz, 37, was found guilty earlier this year of manslaughter in the death of the Winnipeg man, who was 59 at the time of his disappearance.CrimeDec 12, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
My heart is completely broken’: Family of missing cleaner speaks at sentencingA sentencing hearing is underway for a Winnipeg man convicted of manslaughter in the death of a cleaner whose body has never been found.CrimeNov 9, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
‘What have you got to lose?’: Balaquit family calls for closure after guilty verdictBalaquit's son Edward said the verdict gave the family some relief, although they're still looking for closure, as his father's body has never been found.CrimeMay 5, 2022
-
Deliberations begin in jury trial for suspect accused in Winnipeg man’s disappearanceKyle Pietz is charged with manslaughter in the presumed death of Eduardo Balaquit, who was reported missing in Winnipeg in June 2018.CrimeMay 4, 2022
-
-
Crown says Winnipeg man’s disappearance was act of financial desperationThe prosecution alleges Pietz stole Balaquit's bank cards and pin numbers, and Balaquit died during the robbery.CrimeMay 3, 2022
-
-
Testimony resumes in Eduardo Balaquit manslaughter trial after pair of delaysAfter delays due to COVID-19 and a winter storm, testimony in the trial of Kyle Alexander James Pietz resumed Tuesday morning in a Winnipeg courtroom.CrimeApr 19, 2022
-
Eduardo Balaquit manslaughter trial paused after more jurors test positive for COVID-19The pause comes after a first juror who tested positive for COVID-19 was being discharged Tuesday.CrimeApr 6, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
Juror discharged in Eduardo Balaquit manslaughter trial after testing positive for COVID-19The judge advised the jury that the juror who had tested positive for COVID-19 was being discharged.CrimeApr 5, 2022
-
-
Advertisement
-
Jury trial begins for man accused of manslaughter in Eduardo Balaquit disappearanceA jury trial got underway Monday for the Winnipeg man charged with manslaughter in the 2018 disappearance of Eduardo Balaquit.CrimeApr 4, 2022
Trending
-
McDonald’s worker charged after allegedly contaminating french fries3,314 Read -
U.S. says foreigners now must apply for green card from their home country2,055 Read -
Ebola outbreak ‘spreading rapidly’ as suspected cases rise, WHO head says1,457 Read -
Illegal cigarettes with ‘gigantic’ profit margin are costing Canadians billions937 Read -
Alberta separatists should aim to win fall vote and respect the result: Danielle Smith913 Read -
Trump calls Stephen Colbert ‘no talent’ as he signs off final ‘Late Show’822 Read -
Top Videos
-
Global News at 6 Toronto: May 21, 2026 -
‘Pearson is a disaster’: Poilievre backs Toronto island airport expansion -
Toronto council pushes to keep FIFA Fan Fest free, but challenges remain -
Toronto fire crews melt Drake ice sculpture -
Toronto man who killed 2 strangers 2 days apart found guilty of first-degree murder -
Toronto kicks-off spring cleanup campaign -