Menu

Topics

Connect

Comments

Comments closed.

Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.

Please see our Commenting Policy for more.

OPP say unsanctioned truck rally in Goderich has been cancelled

Police said Goderich, Ont., was the scene of a similar rally in May. OPP

Ontario Provincial Police in Huron County said the organizer of an unsanctioned truck rally set to take place in Goderich and Central Huron on Friday night has cancelled the event.

Story continues below advertisement

“PLT (Provincial Liaison Team) members met with the organizer this morning. Upon learning about the potential liabilities for the event, the organizer has opted to cancel the truck rally,” police said in a release.

OPP said they will still be out on patrol on Friday night in the area looking for any types of aggressive driving.

This would not be the first unsanctioned rally in the area this summer.  In May, 50 vehicles gathered in the area for such an event, police said.

There was also an unsanctioned truck rally in Barrie earlier that month, which brought hundreds of vehicles  to a parking lot and resulted in thousands of dollars in damage.

 

Advertisement

You are viewing an Accelerated Mobile Webpage.

View Original Article