The province has announced a one-time $3.5-million investment in emergency assistance for students attending 25 public post-secondary institutions in B.C. under the COVID-19 pandemic.
Advanced Education Minister Melanie Mark said Thursday the money is on top of regular annual emergency funds to help students who’ve hit an unexpected emergency that affects their ability to finish their studies.
The funds will help cover costs such as living expenses, food, travel, and laptops.
An additional $1.5 million has been set aside for Indigenous students at the same 25 schools, as well as at Native Education College in Vancouver.
The province is working on specific supports for international and out-of-province students.
Students at one of the 25 public institutions should contact their school’s financial aid office to apply.
1. British Columbia Institute of Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Camosun College: email@example.com
3. Capilano University: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. College of New Caledonia: email@example.com
5. College of the Rockies: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Douglas College: email@example.com
7. Emily Carr University of Art + Design: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Justice Institute of British Columbia: email@example.com
9. Kwantlen Polytechnic University: firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Langara College: email@example.com
11. Nicola Valley Institute of Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. North Island College
Comox Valley: email@example.com
Campbell River: firstname.lastname@example.org
Port Alberni: email@example.com
Port Hardy: firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Northern Lights College: email@example.com
14. Coast Mountain College: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Okanagan College: email@example.com
16. Royal Roads University: webmail
17. Selkirk College: webmail
18. Simon Fraser University: firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Thompson Rivers University: email@example.com
20. University of British Columbia
21. University of Northern British Columbia: firstname.lastname@example.org
22. University of the Fraser Valley: Financial.Aid@ufv.ca
23. University of Victoria: email@example.com
24. Vancouver Community College: firstname.lastname@example.org
25. Vancouver Island University: financialaidInfo@viu.ca