Calgary firefighters douse blaze in Bankview home
Calgary fire said they went to a house fire at around 3 a.m. in the 2200 block of 14A Street S.W.
When firefighters arrived, smoke and flames were seen in the upper level of the home.
Crews quickly knocked down the blaze and checked the rest of the home for any other signs of fire.
Fire said there are no reports of injuries and that the residents got out safely.
“A family of five was evacuated from an adjacent home due to the proximity to the source house,” fire said.
On March 19, the fire department confirmed the house fire was caused by the improper disposal of smoking materials.
© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.