Recipe: Berry Pull-Apart Buns
– 2 tsp ras el hanout (spice blend)
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 500 g brioche dough, chilled (milk bread dough would also work great)
– 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, unsalted
– 1/4 cup raspberries, plus more for decoration
– 1/2 cup diced strawberries, plus more for decoration
– 1/4 cup chopped white couverture chocolate, preferably Valrhona Ivoire
Raspberry Ganache Glaze
– 3/4 cup diced chopped white couverture chocolate, preferably Valrhona Ivoire
– 1/4 cup raspberry puree
– 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
– White food colour, optional
1. In a small bowl, mix together the ras el hanout spice blend with the granulated sugar. Set this aside until needed.
2. Take out the chilled brioche dough. Dust a work surface lightly with flour, and gently pat the dough into a 6-inch square.
3. Using a knife or a bench scraper, cut the dough into 1/2-inch pieces, and place it into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add the melted butter, spiced sugar, raspberries, strawberries, and white chocolate. Toss the dough to distribute the ingredients evenly with your hands.
5. Divide the dough into 5 baking cups (3-inch round). If you don’t have baking cups, butter and line 6-8 wells of a muffin tin with parchment paper. Press the dough into each cup evenly.
6. Loosely cover the dough with plastic, and let them proof for 2-3 hours, until the volume doubles.
7. When you are almost ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375 F. Bake the proofed buns in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, rotating halfway through, until the tops are golden brown.
8. Let the baked buns cool completely before glazing them.
Making the Glaze
1. Heat the white chocolate and raspberry puree in a small bowl over a double boiler while stirring, until the chocolate has completely melted.
2. Take the mixture off the heat, and stir in the butter.
3. While warm, brush the glaze over the cooled buns.
4. Decorate the tops with raspberries and strawberries.
The buns are best served on the day they are baked.
Find more recipes from Global BC here.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.