Needle found in Halloween candy bar: Halifax police
Halifax Regional Police are investigating after a family called police to report a needle was discovered in a Halloween chocolate bar.
The victim says he unwrapped a candy bar from his grandson’s treat bag on Saturday and began to chew it when he felt a sharp pain. When the man removed the bar from his mouth he discovered a small needle with a yellow plastic ball on the end of it.
Police say the child had been trick-or-treating in the area of Waynewood Drive, Brompton Road and the Bonnie Brae Trailer Park in Dartmouth.
WATCH: Police urging parents to check Halloween candy after reports of sewing needles, razor blades found in candy bars
This is the third incident of alleged candy tampering in the Halifax area since Halloween.
On Nov. 1, police opened an investigation after a 12-year-old boy cut his finger on a razor blade that was stuck inside a candy bar. In that instance, the youth was trick-or-treating at about 150 different homes in Spryfield.
The same day, a 13-year-old girl in Dartmouth also reported finding a razor blade stuck inside a chocolate bar.
Police say they continue to investigate all three cases of alleged candy tampering. Anyone with information is asked to come forward.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.