Fireworks ignite nearby cedar hedge
A Kelowna resident has been fined $250 for lighting fireworks contrary to City bylaw, but he’ll also have other damages to pay for after they sparked a blaze.
The Kelowna Fire Department was called out to the 500 block of Primrose Road in Rutland just after 6 p.m. Monday.
The 3 metre tall cedar hedge on his property line was ablaze, threatening his truck that was parked in a nearby tent.
Alexander and his neighbours brought out garden hoses to get a start on putting out the fire until firefighters arrived.
Doris Maria Bregolisse reports.