Robert Mailman
-
Wrongfully convicted New Brunswick man dies from cancerInnocence Canada, the organization that led the legal fight to clear Robert Mailman's name, confirmed today that he died in Saint John, N.B., on Thursday, just before midnight.CanadaOct 13, 2025
-
Wrongfully convicted N.B. man worries he will die before police reviewSaint John police spokesman Staff Sergeant Matt Weir said last week he has no timeline for when the findings will be made public.CanadaJan 18, 2025
-
-
Advertisement
-
Saint John police review up in the air a year after two men exonerated in murder caseMore than a year after the police chief announced a review of his officers' conduct in the case of two men wrongfully convicted of murder, there is no sign of the promised report.CanadaJan 17, 2025
-
-
Advertisement
-
N.B. government in compensation talk with lawyers for two wrongfully convicted menMailman, 76, and Gillespie, 80, were acquitted on Jan. 4 by New Brunswick Court of King's Bench Chief Justice Tracey DeWare, who said the justice system had failed the men.CanadaFeb 10, 2024
-
Two N.B. men waiting for compensation a month after being cleared of 1983 murderAdvocates for the men say their letters to the government have gone unanswered, and Mailman, who was diagnosed with cancer in November, fears he will die before the province acts.CanadaFeb 1, 2024
-
-
New Brunswick judge apologizes to men for ‘miscarriage of justice’The chief justice of New Brunswick's Court of King's Bench is apologizing to two men who served lengthy prison sentences for a murder they didn't commit.CanadaJan 5, 2024
-
-
N.B. men won’t face retrial after decades-old murder convictions quashedTwo New Brunswick men whose 1984 murder convictions were recently overturned by the federal justice minister have been formally declared not guilty.CanadaJan 4, 2024
-
2 N.B. men to learn if they will be tried again after 1984 murder convictions quashedA hearing is set for Thursday involving Robert Mailman and Walter Gillespie at the Court of King's Bench, during which they will be represented by lawyers with Innocence Canada.CanadaJan 2, 2024
-
-
Advertisement
-
Hearing set for two New Brunswick men whose murder convictions were overturnedArif Virani announced Friday that he was ordering a new trial for the men, who were convicted of second-degree murder in the Nov. 30, 1983 slaying of George Gilman Leeman.CrimeDec 23, 2023
Trending
-
Trump doubles down after U.S. Supreme Court strikes down global tariffs146,377 Read -
Real Canadian Superstore fined for ‘misleading’ Product of Canada displays80,159 Read -
Danielle Smith promises Alberta referendum over immigration, Constitution changes37,882 Read -
‘No reason to continue discussing’: Ontario mayor wants Andrew’s name dropped24,292 Read -
Virginia Giuffre’s family responds to Andrew arrest: ‘He was never a prince’19,920 Read -
Trump accuses Obama of releasing classified info on aliens: ‘Big mistake’13,975 Read -
Top Videos
-
Vigils for Tumbler Ridge victims212 Viewed -
Trump ‘disagrees’ with Supreme Court ruling, imposes new 10% global tariff ‘effective immediately’181 Viewed -
Former prince Andrew’s arrest ‘is where the house of cards starts falling’: Virginia Giuffre family46 Viewed -
Alberta Premier Danielle Smith promises referendum over immigration, Constitution changes37 Viewed -
Real Canadian Superstore fined $10K for misleading ‘Product of Canada’ displays36 Viewed -
St. Catharines mayor wants to rename Prince Andrew Court after arrest -