Advertisement

Man in hospital following fire in Winnipeg’s Sir John Franklin neighbourhood

Firefighters spent part of Sunday morning battling a fire in an apartment building on Renfrew St. Global News

A man is in hospital following a Sunday morning fire in the Sir John Franklin neighbourhood.

Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service was called to an apartment building on Renfrew St., just north of Academy Rd. at 10:05 a.m.

Crews arrived to find smoke coming from the building and brought it under control at 10:51 a.m.

Read more: 35 workers safe after fire at Murray Industrial Park in Winnipeg, city says

The occupants of the building were able to make it out.

A bystander did suffer injuries after going inside to look for anyone potentially trapped. He’s currently in stable condition.

While the fire was contained to one suite, other parts of the building suffered major smoke and water damage.

Story continues below advertisement

The City of Winnipeg’s Emergency Social Services was called to help those impacted.

The cause of the fire appears to be an accidental electrical malfunction.

It’s still unknown how much the damage is worth.

Sponsored content