Calgary police are investigating a fight between two men in the community of Falconridge on Tuesday that resulted in a car smashing into a row of parked vehicles and flipping over on its side, injuring two people.
Police said officers were called to the 300 block of Falton Drive Northeast at around 8:20 p.m. for reports of an altercation and crash.
According to police, two men at a house party in a nearby residence got into a verbal altercation that turned physical. At one point, as the fight escalated, one of the men got a hold of a weapon.
“One of the men attempted to leave in a vehicle and the second man attempted to stop the driver from leaving, resulting in a collision with several parked cars,” police said to Global News.
The vehicle could be seen lying on its side when emergency crews arrived.
Police said both men were rushed to hospital with serious injuries.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Calgary Police Service’s non-emergency line at 403-266-1234 or to contact Crime Stoppers anonymously.
– With files from Kaylen Small, Global News
- Bird flu’s momentum in Canada worries experts: ‘Potential to become a pandemic’
- Huge, deconsecrated Roman Catholic church in N.S. community now up for sale
- Biden’s chocolate gift an ‘unbelievable’ moment for its Syrian-Canadian creator
- ‘One of the most dangerous jobs’: Former education worker on violence in N.S. schools