Officers in the East District Patrol unit were patrolling St. Mary’s Avenue in response to reports of stolen bicycles around 6:30 pm on Dec. 7th.
During their patrol, officers spotted a man riding what appeared to be a stolen bike. He was then taken into custody.
After determining the bike was stolen, police then discovered a handgun containing eight rounds of .22 calibre ammunition on the man’s person.
The bike had been stolen from a school on St. Anne’s Road on Oct. 3rd, officers found.
Members from the Major Crimes Unit continued with their investigation and believe the man was involved in an incident at a residence in the Lord Roberts area on Nov. 7.
Police believe the man assaulted two women and pointed the firearm at them, and also pointed it at a man during the incident. He later fled.
Bradley Jones, 29, of Winnipeg has been charged with:
- Assault with a Weapon
- Pointing a Firearm (x3)
- Carrying Concealed Weapon (x2)
- Possession of a Loaded Restricted Firearm (x2)
- Possession of a Firearm Knowing its Possession is Unauthorized (x2)
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order (x12)
- Mischief Under $5,000/Obstruct in Enjoyment
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000
He was detained in custody.
WATCH: Police recover human remains, confirm they belong to Thelma Krull