Advertisement

Saskatoon firefighters put out fire at Sutherland restaurant

Saskatoon firefighters said smoke was coming from the building and roof of the Sutherland restaurant when they arrived.
Saskatoon firefighters said smoke was coming from the building and roof of the Sutherland restaurant when they arrived. Saskatoon Fire Department / Supplied

Improper storage of boxes and paper was the cause of a fire at a restaurant in Sutherland.

The Saskatoon Fire Department was alerted smoke was coming from Donair & Pizza Palace at roughly 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.

READ MORE: Woman’s body found in basement suite after suspicious Saskatoon fire

Firefighters said smoke was coming from the building and roof of the restaurant located at the north end of a strip mall at 1418 Central Ave. when they arrived.

Crews said they started a quick offensive attack once they located the fire and put it out.

A fire investigator determined boxes and paper were ignited by the mechanical components of a heater on top of a walk-in cooler.

No injuries were reported.

Story continues below advertisement

Damage is estimated at $80,000.