Advertisement

Kelowna auto body shop sustains damage in morning fire

It looks like a faulty electrical outlet may be to blame for an early morning fire at a Kelowna auto body shop.

Fire crews were called to Mervyn’s Auto Body Shop in the 1800 block of Baron Road at around 5:50 a.m. Thursday.

The business owner discovered the fire in the storage area.  He made sure no one else was in the building prior to crews arrival.

He told Global News the fire then spread to some flammable material nearby.

Firefighters arrived shortly after and were able to knock down the blaze quickly.

The building did sustain some damage.

One vehicle was also damaged in the fire.

Three engines, a rescue unit, a command unit, and a safety unit, including 16 personnel, all responded to the incident.

Story continues below advertisement

The fire did not impact operations and Mervyn’s was able to open as per usual.

 

 

Sponsored content