With former Premier and BC Liberal Leader Christy Clark making her exit, the rebuild is on in earnest for the party.
The Liberals announced their new shadow cabinet on Thursday, shuffling a number of MLAs into new ‘critic’ portfolios.
Former Health Minister Shirley Bond and rookie MLA and former Coast Capital Savings CEO Tracy Readies will share the Finance portfolio.
Outspoken MLA Andrew Wilkinson — who was briefly Attorney General in Clark’s short lived post-election government — will become the Attorney General critic.
Former Environment minister Mary Polak is now the Education critic, while former Education Minister Mike Bernier becomes the Health critic.
High profile MLA and former Finance Minister Mike de Jong will not have a portfolio, and will instead serve as House Leader.
FIFA World Cup: Qatar faces more human rights scrutiny as Sajjan returns
Toddlers don’t need firm screen time limits, new Canadian guidance says
Ft. Langley-Aldergrove MLA Rich Coleman is currently serving as the party’s interim leader.
The BC Liberals have yet to set a date for their leadership convention to replace Clark.
Full BC Liberal shadow cabinet:
- Advanced Education – Stephanie Cadieux and Simon Gibson
- Agriculture – Norm Letnick and Ian Paton
- Attorney General – Andrew Wilkinson
- Liquor, Gaming and ICBC – John Yap
- Children and Family Development – Laurie Throness
- Childcare – Linda Larson
- Citizens’ Services – Steve Thomson
- Education – Mary Polak and Dan Davies
- Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources
- Energy and Mines – Tom Shypitka
- BC Hydro – Darryl Plecas
- Natural Gas and Petroleum Resources – Ellis Ross
- Environment and Climate Change – Peter Milobar
- Finance – Shirley Bond and Tracy Redies
- Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations – John Rustad
- Rural Development – Donna Barnett
- Health – Mike Bernier and Joan Isaacs
- Indigenous Relations – Dan Ashton
- Jobs, Trade and Technology – Greg Kyllo and Jas Johal
- Trade – Teresa Wat and Steve Thomson
- Labour – John Martin
- Mental Health and Addictions – Jane Thornthwaite
- Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Municipal Affairs – Todd Stone
- Housing – Sam Sullivan
- Public Safety and Solicitor General – Mike Morris
- Social Development and Poverty Reduction – Marvin Hunt
- Tourism, Arts and Culture – Michelle Stilwell and Doug Clovechok
- Transportation and Infrastructure – Jordan Sturdy and Michael Lee
- Small Business – Coralee Oakes
- Caucus Chair – Jackie Tegart
- House Leader – Mike de Jong
- Whip – Eric Foster
- Deputy Whip – Linda Larson