Advertisement

Calgary firefighters extinguish garage fire in Saddle Ridge

Click to play video: 'Calgary firefighters battle Saddle Ridge garage fire' Calgary firefighters battle Saddle Ridge garage fire
RAW VIDEO: Calgary firefighters battle a garage fire at a home in the community of Saddle Ridge on Tuesday, May 23, 2017 – May 23, 2017

Calgary firefighters were able to quickly extinguish a fire that sparked in the community of Saddle Ridge on Tuesday morning.

Emergency crews were called to the fire along Savanna Grove N.E. after 9 a.m.

Firefighters arrived to find flames eating away at the two-storey home’s attached garage.

Calgary firefighters battle a blaze along Savanna Grove N.E. on Tuesday, May 23, 2017. Global News

Three people in the home were able to get out safely before crews arrived on scene.

Story continues below advertisement

Meanwhile, construction workers in the area alerted neighbours living on either side of the home to the fire.

WATCH: A family of four escaped a house fire in northeast Calgary Tuesday. As Tony Tighe reports, it was quick thinking construction workers who called it in.
Click to play video: 'Quick thinking construction workers help reduce damage of Saddle Ridge house fire' Quick thinking construction workers help reduce damage of Saddle Ridge house fire
Quick thinking construction workers help reduce damage of Saddle Ridge house fire – May 23, 2017

One of the construction workers, Carlo Carlesimo, told Global News it appeared a motorcycle was running in the garage right before the fire started.

“Initially there was a guy driving by and he kind of just stopped in the middle of the road,” Carlesimo said. “He got out very quickly so I kind of took a peek to see what was going on and I noticed that the [motorcycle] had just started lighting on fire.”

“So we ran up there – I called the fire department. We were banging on the doors to get everybody outside.”

No injuries were reported.

With files from Tony Tighe

Advertisement

Sponsored content