Advertisement

16-year-old dead following overdose in Port Moody Starbucks bathroom

Grieving mother speaks out about fentanyl overdoses
WATCH: Having already lost one child to a fentanyl overdose, it now appears to have taken another family member. She is speaking out in hopes of stopping this tragedy from happening to other families. Today's Global News Hour at 6 Health Matters is brought to you by Pharmasave.

A 16-year-old girl has died following a suspected overdose in a Port Moody Starbucks bathroom on Sunday evening.

Port Moody Police say the teen was found unresponsive by an employee in the washroom, located at the Heritage Mountain Shoppers Village on Ioco Rd., just after 5 p.m. Despite efforts from BC Ambulance Service and Port Moody Fire Rescue, the female could not be revived.

According to police, drug paraphernalia and a small amount of drugs were located at the scene, but authorities cannot confirm whether fentanyl was involved.

The name of the 16-year-old is not being released by police but Global News has confirmed the deceased is Gwyn Staddon

The death is now being investigated by Port Moody Police and the BC Coroner Service.

Story continues below advertisement