Calgary Stampeders make final roster moves ahead of CFL regular season
The Calgary Stampeders made their final roster moves Sunday ahead of the regular season.
The Stampeders currently have three quarterbacks on their roster.
They also traded International defensive back Brandon McDonald to the Saskatchewan Roughriders for the rights to a negotiation-list player.
McDonald played 17 CFL games over the past two seasons including seven with the Stampeders and had 65 tackles and four interceptions.
Here’s the full list of transactions which includes releases and players added to the Practice Roster:
The following players have been released:
- National defensive back Jean-Philippe Bolduc
- National defensive back Malcolm Brown
- International offensive lineman Alex Fifita
- International defensive lineman Uriah Grant
- International receiver Josh Harper
- National offensive lineman Quinn Horton
- International quarterback G.J. Kinne
- International receiver Matthew Norzil
- International linebacker Cameron Ontko
- International running back Lache Seastrunk
- National linebacker Corbin Sharun
- International defensive back Demetrius Wright
The following player is returning to his university team:
- National defensive lineman Michael Kashak
The following players have been added to the practice roster:
- International defensive lineman Demonte’ Bolden
- National linebacker Max Caron
- International receiver DaVaris Daniels
- International defensive lineman Josh Francis
- International defensive back Mylan Hicks
- National defensive back Dexter Janke
- International receiver Jamal Nixon
- International defensive back Osagie Odiase
- International offensive lineman Ucambre Williams
- International receiver Greg Wilson
The Stampeders begin the 2016 regular season on Saturday, June 25 in Vancouver to face the BC Lions. Kickoff is at 8 p.m.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.