Advertisement

2 dead in separate shootings 9 hours apart, Toronto police investigate

Click to play video: 'Man killed in fatal North York driveway shooting'
Man killed in fatal North York driveway shooting
WATCH: Man killed in fatal North York driveway shooting – Dec 9, 2024

Two people are dead in separate shootings that occurred within nearly nine hours of one another, Toronto police say.

At 4:05 a.m. Monday, police said officers were called to the area of Lawrence Avenue West and Allen Road in North York for reports of a shooting.

When police arrived on scene, they found a man lying on the driveway of a home. Police said the man did not have vital signs, and died at the scene.

Police did not have suspect information immediately available. The victim was later identified as 69-year-old Toronto resident Mariano De-Marco.

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.

Get daily National news

Get the day's top news, political, economic, and current affairs headlines, delivered to your inbox once a day.
By providing your email address, you have read and agree to Global News' Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Just before 7 p.m. Sunday, police said officers were called to the Danforth and Jones avenues for a shooting. When officers arrived on scene, they found a woman outside of a home who had been shot. She was taken to a trauma centre where she later died.

Story continues below advertisement
Click to play video: 'Man shot dead in driveway of north Toronto home'
Man shot dead in driveway of north Toronto home

Officers recovered the firearm and a man in his 20s was arrested. The victim was later identified as 34-year-old Toronto resident Alisha Brooks. Aaron Shea, 33, of Toronto, was charged with first-degree murder. Police said they knew each other.

The investigations are ongoing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police.

Sponsored content

AdChoices