Missing Edmonton man found safe and unharmed
EDMONTON- A day after asking the public for help in finding a missing man, Edmonton police said the 32-year-old, last seen late last month, has been found safe and unharmed.
In a news release issued Tuesday, police said Christopher Milliken was last seen by a family member at around 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 29, 2016. They said Milliken was at a family member’s home near 120 Street and 167A Avenue at the time.
On Wednesday night, police issued a news release to say Milliken was found unharmed but did not provide further details.
Milliken’s mother told Global News her son had been going through a number of issues for the past year and that he lost his job in December.
“Within the last six to eight weeks, it’s gotten a lot worse,” Wendy Kerr said. “He was despondent with not being able to find a job.”
Milliken’s family said he had been living with his cousin in northeast Edmonton and that they were especially concerned because his cellphone has been off since he went missing.
“Edmonton’s a big city,” Kerr said. “You don’t realize how big it is until someone goes missing – and you will look anywhere and listen to anybody and go to that spot where they said he was.”
© 2016 Shaw Media