Eric’s braised pork and rib over rice
- 1 pound of pork butt
- 1 pound of pork ribs (30% fat or greater)
- 1 cup of Coca-Cola.
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 pkg dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 pkg pre-fried triangular tofu
- 3-6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 1 bay leaf
- Hydrate dried shiitake mushrooms in hot water overnight. Cut in half and pan fry with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Save leftover mushroom hydrating liquid for later.
- Cut up pork butt in nice rectangular chunks about half a finger width and slice the ribs.
- Heat up the wok with garlic, green onion, and ginger to start.
- Place pork rectangular chunks and ribs in the wok and fry them until golden brown.
- Place ribs and pork in Instant Pot.
- Add Coca-Cola, soy sauce, oyster sauce, rice wine, mushrooms, tofu, eggs, cinnamon, star anise, bay leaf.
- Pour saved mushroom water in to cover contents on Instant Pot.
- Cook in Instant Pot on the “meat” setting for 45 minutes.
- Serve over rice