In its update issued around 4:15 pm., the health unit — which serves Peterborough, Peterborough County, Curve Lake First Nation and Hiawatha First Nation — reported 27 active cases, down from 29 reported on Sunday afternoon and 32 on Saturday.
Monday’s case followed five new cases on the weekend — three on Saturday and two on Sunday.
There are now 1,478 cases (15 additional cases since Friday), which make up 96.8 per cent of the 1,526 cumulative cases since the pandemic was declared in March 2020.
No new outbreaks were reported over the weekend or on Monday. The outbreak at Fairhaven long-term care was lifted on Monday morning. That leaves two active outbreaks in the city:
- Riverview Manor long-term care in Peterborough: Declared May 31 after two staff members tested positive.
- Workplace in Peterborough (#11): Declared on May 28. Case details not available.
Since the pandemic began, the health unit has dealt with 301 COVID-19 cases associated with 50 outbreaks.
Other COVID-19 data for Monday:
- Deaths: 21 — the latest on Sunday, May 30, one of four that month since the pandemic was declared, two deaths have been linked to the Empress Gardens Retirement Residence in Peterborough. Another death was linked to the Severn Court Student Residence February outbreak in Peterborough, while three were tied to a November 2020 outbreak at Fairhaven.
- Hospitalizations: at least 68 cases have required hospitalized care since the pandemic was declared — unchanged since Monday; 15 required the intensive care unit (unchanged). The ICU admissions make up one per cent of all the health unit’s cases.
- Peterborough Regional Health Centre: reports as of noon Monday there were four COVID-19 inpatients — one more since Friday. There have been at least 76 patient transfers from other areas — unchanged.
- Close contacts: 76, down from 80 on Sunday, 92 on Saturday and 101 on Friday
- Trent University: Reports no cases.
- Fleming College: reports no cases related to its Sutherland campus.
- More than 53,000 people have been tested for COVID-19.
Vaccination appointments must be made via the provincial call centre at 1-833-943-3900, available daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., or any time online. Clinics are being run at the Evinrude Centre and Peterborough Regional Health Centre. Clinics for youth aged 12 to 17 are scheduled June 15-17 at the Evinrude Centre.
Peterborough and area pharmacies offering a vaccine to eligible recipients:
- Aylmer Street Pharmacy, 296 Aylmer St N. (in Above and Beyond)
- Costco Pharmacy, 485 The Parkway
- Charlotte Care Pharmacy, 270 Charlotte St. Unit 100
- Keene Drug Mart, 1105 Heritage Line in Keene
- Havelock Pharmacy, 44 Ottawa St. W. in Havelock
- High St. Guardian, 815 High St.
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 400 Lansdowne St. E
- Loblaw Pharmacy, 230 George St. N. (inside No Frills Grocery)
- Medical Centre Pharmacy, 707 Charlotte St.
- Pharmasave The Clinic Pharmacy at 26 Hospital Dr.
- Rexall Pharmacy, 85 George St. N.
- Rexall Pharmacy, 1154 Chemong Rd.
- Rx Drug Mart, 16 Grand Road in Campbellford
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 971 Chemong Rd.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 250 Charlotte St.
- Shoppers Drug Mart, 741 Lansdowne St. W.
- Shoppers Simply Pharmacy, 361 George St. N.
- Sobeys Pharmacy, 1200 Lansdowne St. W.
- Walmart, 1002 Chemong Rd.
- Walmart Pharmacy, 950 Lansdowne St. W.
- Westmount Pharmacy, 1293 Clonsilla Ave.
Appointments are required and can be made by calling the respective pharmacies.
View link »