The Calgary Fire Department says all residents living in a home in the community of Southwood were able to get out safely after a fire broke out on Tuesday.
Crews were called to a single-storey house in the 10700 block of Elbow Drive Southwest just before 5 a.m.
Firefighters found thick smoke coming from a fire in the basement of the home.
Initially, the CFD said that although four people were able to get out of the house on their own and be assessed by paramedics, another person was missing.
Speaking to Global News later in the morning, one of the residents confirmed all of the people from the home were safe and accounted for.
No injuries were reported.
The fire caused a section of Elbow Drive Southwest to be closed temporarily as crews battled the blaze.
– With files from Sarah Offin