Guelph police say charges against a 43-year-old have been upgraded to manslaughter after a man who was involved in an altercation in the city’s north end died in hospital.
Officers were called to a home on Beattie Street on Friday night and found two men in the garage.
A 59-year-old man was taken to hospital with serious injuries, while the other was arrested and charged with aggravated assault.
Get breaking National news
Staff Sgt. Jeimy Karavelus said it was not a random event.
“The parties were known to each other, there was no risk to public safety, there was also no evidence of any weapons present,” he said in a phone interview.
- Toronto police seek 4 suspects in connection with armed robbery of $1M in jewels
- Montreal lawyer denied bail on child luring, sexual assault charges
- Toronto man accused of murdering neighbour over bbq smoke takes the stand
- Quebec City-area man arrested in terrorism investigation, released with conditions
The victim died on Sunday, but police did not make that announcement until Tuesday when they said the suspect’s charge had been upgraded to manslaughter.
Guelph police did not identify the suspect or the victim.
Comments
Comments closed.
Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.
Please see our Commenting Policy for more.