Six people from Kentville, N.S., are temporarily homeless after one unit in their apartment complex caught fire Tuesday night.
The Canadian Red Cross says the fire at the two-storey structure on Exhibition Street was reported around 7 p.m.
The Red Cross says the fire extensively damaged one unit and caused smoke damage throughout the building.
Emergency lodging, meals and other support is being provided to a man forced from the fire-damaged apartment and a woman from an adjacent unit.
Tenants of the other three apartments made their own arrangements for temporary lodging, according to the Red Cross.