Fifteen men from Fort McMurray and Edmonton are facing dozens of charges in relation to organized crime and gang investigations in northern Alberta.
The investigations took place between December 2018 and February 2019, Alberta Law Enforcement Response Teams (ALERT) said Wednesday.
Four homes in Fort McMurray were searched, with more than $29,000 worth of drugs and cash seized by police.
“These investigations have added up to make a big impact on organized crime in Fort McMurray,” ALERT Insp. Sean Boser said in a media release.
“ALERT is committed to working with our partners to keep the streets of communities across Alberta safe.”
ALERT said the following items were seized during the investigations:
- 77.3 grams of cocaine
- 3 oxycodone pills
- 68 grams of buffing agent
- A small amount of fentanyl
- Prohibited weapons
- A cocaine press
- More than $21,000 cash proceeds of crime
Fifteen people are now facing 37 criminal charges. Ten of the men have been arrested, while warrants have been issued for the remaining five.
READ MORE: 2 arrested in Lethbridge drug bust
The following people have already been arrested and charged, ALERT said Wednesday:
- Christopher Abdou, a 29-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Mackenzie Flemming, a 21-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Ibrahim Dia, a 29-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Christopher Dombrosky, a 44-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Patrick O’Brien, a 30-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Scott Jones, a 48-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Daniel DeGroot, a 39-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Brock Loveday, a 43-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Kelsy Balsor, an 18-year-old woman from Fort McMurray
- Sebastian Bush-Jadavji, a 19-year-old man from Edmonton
Police are still searching for the following people:
- Jonathan Searle, a 30-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Levi Matheson, a 32-year-old man from Edmonton
- Colin Keating, a 39-year-old man from Fort McMurray
- Fabian Johnson, a 19-year-old man from Edmonton
- A 22-year-old man from Fort McMurray, whose name was not released
Anyone with information on the suspects’ whereabouts is asked to contact police.