Peterborough Public Health needs your child’s immunization records

Vaccination notices have been sent out to parents in the Peterborough Region
Peterborough Public Health mails parents asking for their child's immunization records. If they are not provided, their child could face suspension from school.

Did you receive an immunization notice from Peterborough Public Health regarding your child’s immunization records? If you did, you’re not the only one.

Public health mailed 1,900 letters to parents regarding incomplete student vaccination records.

Everytime your child receives a vaccination, PPH said you must inform your local health agency.

“Many parents don’t realize it’s their responsibility to keep their local public health agency informed every time their child receives a vaccination so our records are kept up to date,” said Edwina Dusome, manager of infectious disease programs. “We do not get this information from health care providers.”

Tweet This

Under provincial legislation, PPH said students will be suspended from school until their immunization is up to date. PPH said they will rescind the suspension notice immediately upon receipt of the missing information.

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: Kawartha Lakes mother says daughter could be suspended from school over vaccination she’s already received 

For children who are not up to date and require immunizations, parents can take them to their health care provider’s office for immunization. However, parents will still need to provide that information to PPH to update their records.

Families without a health care provider can make an appointment at PPH’s Routine Immunization Clinic by calling 705-743-1000, ext. 128.

Parents are asked to call the Peterborough Public Health at 705-743-1000, ext. 139 to update their child’s records, or visit and click on “Update Your Child’s Record.”