February 6, 2019 2:25 pm
Updated: February 6, 2019 5:59 pm

Second man charged, person of interest sought following altercation in Moncton

Marcel Prevost is seen in this submitted photograph.

New Brunswick RCMP
A A

A second man is facing assault charges and a person of interest is wanted in connection with an altercation in Moncton last week.

New Brunswick RCMP say they were called to a residence on Whitney Avenue off Killam Drive at about 10:15 p.m. on Jan. 30.

When they arrived, officers found three men in the area of Whitney Avenue and Argyle Street who were injured, one by a bullet.

At the time, police said a fourth man was seen running away. But they now believe a fifth man was involved.

Story continues below

READ MORE: Man facing assault charge following altercation in Moncton

All three have since been released from hospital.

Shortly after the incident, Joshua Belliveau, 31, of Memramcook, N.B., was charged with a single count of assault causing bodily harm.

On Wednesday, police said 54-year-old Stanley Smith of Moncton has also been charged. He appeared in provincial court on Tuesday to face a charge of aggravated assault.

He remains in custody and is scheduled to return Wednesday for a bail hearing.

WATCH: Moncton altercation sends three to hospital

Police are still searching for 44-year-old Marcel Prevost, who they say is a person of interest they would like to speak to in connection with the investigation.

Prevost is described as six feet two inches, 218 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes.

Anyone with information on Prevost’s whereabouts or the case is asked to contact Codiac RCMP or Crime Stoppers.

© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.

Report an error

Comments

Comments closed.

Due to the sensitive and/or legal subject matter of some of the content on globalnews.ca, we reserve the ability to disable comments from time to time.

Please see our Commenting Policy for more.