Advertisement

Woman, 2 children found unresponsive inside vehicle after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in Abbotsford

Click to play video: 'Woman, 2 children in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning' Woman, 2 children in hospital after suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
WATCH: A woman and two young children are in hospital after being found unresponsive in a vehicle in Abbotsford. Jill Bennett reports – Dec 27, 2018

Abbotsford police are investigating after a woman and two children were discovered in a car by the roadside, apparently overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning on Boxing Day evening.

Police say emergency services were called to the scene of a single-vehicle collision in the 33700-block of Clayburn Road near Riverside Street at about 8:20 p.m.

All three occupants of the vehicle were found to be unresponsive.

WATCH: Abbotsford police investigate possible CO poisoning

Click to play video: 'Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford' Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford
Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford – Dec 27, 2018

One unconfirmed report has it that they were initially discovered by an off-duty firefighter.

Story continues below advertisement

Freezing rain conditions prevented the crash victims from being airlifted to hospital, so paramedics rushed them to hospital by ambulance.

The exact ages of the woman and children are not known.

READ MORE: Burnaby firefighters hand out carbon monoxide alarms in bid to curb the ‘silent killer’

Clayburn Road is closed in the vicinity while police investigate.

Earlier this month, a case of carbon monoxide exposure in Vancouver sent 13 people to hospital, leaving two of them in critical condition.

WATCH: Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford

Click to play video: 'Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford' Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford
Woman, 2 children found unresponsive in Abbotsford – Dec 27, 2018

The next day a family in Barriere, B.C. was airlifted to a hospital in Vancouver on Thursday morning after a carbon monoxide leak in their home.

Story continues below advertisement

— With files from Neetu Garcha

 

 

Sponsored content