Several homes were damaged as crews battled a large fire in northeast Calgary Monday morning.
The Calgary Fire Department (CFD) said it was called at around 10:30 a.m. for a house fire on Coventry Hills Way N.E.
When crews arrived, they found a house fully involved so a second alarm was called to bring in more resources.
WATCH: Three families are homeless after fire destroyed their Coventry Hills homes on Monday. Lisa MacGregor reports.
Calgary fire confirmed two homes were destroyed in the fire and a third home sustained damage. A fourth home’s siding was damaged as well.
There are no injuries, officials said.
It is thought the radiant heat from the fire combined with Monday’s warm temperatures may have helped the fire spread to the other homes.
About 20 homes in the surrounding area were evacuated as two gas lines were damaged from the fire, CFD spokesperson Carol Henke said.
She said all the evacuated homes had been searched.
Calgary police told Global News one of the homeowners affected by the blaze was charged after he reportedly drove a motorcycle through police lines and over some fire hoses causing the hoses to lose pressure.
Police also said the man failed to stop for police.
The man has been charged with criminal mischief to property and careless driving under traffic safety act for putting first responders at risk.
WATCH: Viewer video shows homes on fire in Coventry Hills N.E.
A heroic effort from homeowner Tina Harding helped save lives when the fire first hit her neighbour’s house, who was sleeping at the time.
“I smelled smoke originally, I was upstairs and then I looked out my window and heard crackling,” she recalled.
“I decided to go outside and saw my neighbours house, the whole house was on fire.
“I just started banging on the door and ringing the doorbell until the gentleman ran out of the house. He saw the house on fire, went back in and grabbed the little boy and then came outside. ”
It’s a lucky coincidence Harding was home at the time since she and her family had already moved out of her home that was damaged in the fire. She was there Monday afternoon doing a final clean for renters coming to view the home to eventually move in.