2 suspected drug traffickers charged after Red Deer seizure: ALERT
Two people were arrested and “significant amounts of drugs” seized after a joint investigation by ALERT and RCMP in Red Deer that started in May.
Alberta Law Enforcement Response Team (ALERT) said three search warrants were done simultaneously on July 5 at three homes in Red Deer.
- More than 330 grams of cocaine
- 50 ecstasy pills
- 30 grams of psilocybin mushrooms
- More than 800 grams of an unknown buffing agent
- 262 grams of hashish
- 31 grams of cannabis resin (known as “shatter”)
- 23 grams of marijuana
- 16 packs of oil and candies infused with cannabis
- 47 syringes filled with cannabis oil distillate
Several weapons including a knife, exendable baton, rifle and brass knuckles were also seized, along with cellphones and more than $1,300 in cash proceeds of crime, ALERT said.
Karl Hellwig, 29, and Diana Hristova, 26, have each been charged with four counts of possession of a controlled substance for the purposes of trafficking, along with one count each of possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of the proceeds of crime.
ALERT said the investigation continues and more arrests and charges are possible.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.