A fire in the community of Montgomery on Wednesday destroyed both a garage and a motor home that was parked nearby.
Emergency crews were called to the 4600 block of 29 Avenue N.W. at around 3 a.m.
When they arrived, firefighters found flames eating away at the garage and the motor home, which was sitting on a parking pad.
Crews battling the blaze were also fighting frigidly cold temperatures.
“The extreme cold conditions, it is hard on our firefighters,” district chief Keal Prince said. “We monitor our firefighters for their safety and ensure that they are warm and constantly monitored for their safety.”
The fire gutted the garage and obliterated the RV. Some damage was also caused to a neighbouring garage.
No injuries were reported.
Residents living in the house had been forced to leave while crews battled the garage fire, but were able to return home once the fire was extinguished.
With files from Doug Vaessen