Drake is cancelling the rest of his Summer Sixteen Tour because of an ongoing ankle injury.
A spokeswoman for the rapper says that doctors have advised him to nix the three remaining dates of his tour “to allow him to recuperate his ankle injury.”
“Drake suffered a severe ankle injury during the tour, which he did his best to power through. By doing this, he made his injury worse. Under doctors’ orders and to ensure Drake only ever gives fans the performances they deserve, he will be postponing the remaining three dates of his Summer Sixteen Tour to allow him time to recuperate his ankle injury,” a spokesperson told People.
“Drake’s fans mean the world to him. Seeing their faces and performing his music for them is what he loves to do the most and he can’t wait to get back on stage.”
The newly cancelled stops include Toronto on Oct. 9, Philadelphia on Oct. 13 and Newark on Oct. 16. Ticket holders will receive refunds.
The Hotline Bling singer previously postponed three concerts in New York and New Jersey because of the injury.
“We are over 50 shows in and I have done everything to power through my recent ankle injury and leave it all out there on the stage every night,” the 29-year-old posted to his blog October’s Very Own on Oct. 5. “I hate to be told I can’t do something, but under doctor’s orders to allow me time to recuperate, I am being forced to postpone the intense three shows in a row, in cities which have only ever shown me unconditional support.”
On Monday, the Controlla singer announced the dates for his European tour via Twitter. The Boy Meets World Tour — his 26-show tour which includes six shows in London alone — is set to kick off Jan 21. in Amsterdam and is scheduled to end Mar. 16 in Germany. Tickets go on sale Oct. 14 on Ticketmaster.
With files from The Associated Press