RCMP lay charges in crash that killed Winnipeg woman
RCMP have laid a series of charges against a Winnipeg man following a fatal crash near Lorette in the RM of Tache Sunday.
A 29-year-old woman from Winnipeg died after her car and a pick up truck crashed into each other.
Officers have charged the driver of the truck, 18-year-old Colin Robert Simard with impaired operation of a motor vehicle causing death as well as the following other charges:
- Criminal negligence causing death
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle causing death
- Dangerous operation of motor vehicle causing bodily harm
- Impaired operation cause bodily harm X 2
- Criminal negligence causing bodily harm X 2
Simard remains in custody.
© 2016 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.