VANCOUVER – The Ministry of Justice, Corrections Branch, has issued a public notice that a high risk sex offender has been released and now plans to live in Surrey.
James Conway, 40, has a lengthy criminal history, which includes sexual interference of a person under 16, sexual assault and arson. Corrections officials warn he is a sexual predator who targets young girls.
Conway is described as 6 feet 4 inches tall, weighing 276 pounds. He is Caucasian with brown hair and blue eyes.
“He’s a very distinctive man in that he’s very large,” said Anne Drennan, Transit Police spokesperson. “So he’s quite noticeable and he also tends to try and dress in something that makes him look like he’s with emergency services, like a fire department ball cap, police ball cap, cargo pants, boots, a T-shirt with an emblem on it so that people will tend to trust him a little bit more.”
CONWAY is subject to close monitoring by authorities and 27 court-ordered conditions including:
- Not engaging in any activity that involves contact with persons under the age of 18 years including using a computer system to communicate with a person under the age of 18 years.
- Not engaging in any activities, volunteer work and/or employment that would involve a position of trust or authority or involves contact with persons under the age of 18.
- Prohibited from attending or being within any public park, playground or school, child daycare centre, community centre or public swimming area or other sites including churches, which offer activities for children or where children under 18 years may congregate.
- Possessing alcohol or controlled substances in any public place.
- Abiding by a curfew of 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily.
If anyone sees Conway in violation of any of the above conditions, call your local police agency.