IN THE NEWS…
- The Toronto police officer who shot and killed a teenager on a streetcar last summer will reportedly face an additional charge. According to the National Post, Constable James Forcillo will be hit with an additional charge of attempted murder at the old city hall courts later this morning. The officer currently faces a second degree murder charge in the death of 18-year-old Sammy Yatim.
- Toronto police will release a re-enactment video later this morning on the 29th anniversary of Nicole Morin’s abduction. Detective Sergeant Madelaine Tretter will update the media on the ongoing investigation at 10 a.m. Morin was last seen leaving her family’s apartment with a friend on July 30, 1985 and never returned home.
- Transport Minister Lisa Raitt and Michigan Gov Rick Snyder are expected to announce a U.S.-Canadian panel today to oversee plans for a new bridge between Detroit and Windsor, Ont. The Canadian government has already agreed to finance the construction of the $1-billion bridge, which would open in 2020.
- Israeli tank shells slammed into a crowded U.N. school sheltering Gaza war refugees Wednesday, killing 15 Palestinians and wounding 90 after tearing through two classroom walls, a health official and a spokesman for a U.N. aid agency said. The Israeli military had no immediate comment.
- Marcus Stroman was so good against the Boston Red Sox last week that he went with the same plan Tuesday night. And the result was his second solid start in five days, leading the Toronto Blue Bays over the Red Sox 4-2.
A mix of sun and cloud. 40 percent chance of showers this afternoon with risk of a thunderstorm. High 22. UV index 7 or high.
To get real-time weather for your area, download the Global News Skytracker weather app.
TRAFFIC AND TRANSIT
Roads: Click for the latest Toronto traffic.