Advertisement

Officials reveal cause of massive Bearspaw blaze

Crews battle a fire in the 200 block of Waterside Court.
Crews battle a fire in the 200 block of Waterside Court. Global News

CALGARY – Officials say a massive fire in the community of Bearspaw last week was caused by the careless disposal of smoking materials.

The two-storey home went up in flames around 6:30 a.m. on Friday.

Thick black smoke could be seen pouring from the home, which was part of the Watermark development located in the 200 block of Waterside Court.

It was under construction at the time of the fire.

So far, no damage estimate has been released.

Story continues below advertisement