The Saskatoon Fire Department says the cause of garage fire this past weekend was arson.
Firefighters responded to the 100 block of Avenue Q South just after 1 p.m. on Aug. 23.
According to a press release, firefighters arrived to heavy smoke exiting from a large, four-car, partially boarded-up detached residential garage.
The fire was contained within 20 minutes.
The fire department said there were no people or pets inside the garage. There are no reported injuries.
Damage is estimated at $20,000, according to a press release on Monday.