Environment Canada issued tornado warnings for the areas of Morden, Winkler, Altona, Morris, Steinbach, St. Adolphe, Emerson, Vita and Richer but ended the warnings on Sunday afternoon.
A doppler RADAR indicated the tornadic thunderstorm moving toward the east at 30 km/h.
Residents were being advised to take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
Threatening weather includes a roaring sound or funnel cloud, swirling debris near the ground or flying debris.
Other areas of the province have severe thunderstorm warnings in effect as of Sunday evening.
Those areas include:
- Manigotagan Black River Res. and Hollow Water Res.
- Nopiming Provincial Park
- R.M. of Alexander including Powerview-Pine Falls
- R.M. of Brokenhead inclluding Beausejour and Garson
- R.M. of Springfield including Anola and Birds Hill Provincial Park
- R.M. of Montcalm including St. Jean Baptiste
- Cross Lake and Jenpeg
- Molson Lake and Bear Lake
- Norway House
- R.M. of Ritchot including St. Adolphe and Ste. Agathe
- R.M. of Tache including Lorette Ste-Geneviève and Landmark
- Split Lake and York Landing
- Thompson Thicket Portage and Pikwitonei
- Falcon Lake and West Hawk Lake
- L.G. of Pinawa incl. Seven Sisters Falls
- Pointe du Bois
- R.M. of Lac Du Bonnet
- R.M. of Reynolds incl. Ste. Rita Hadashville and Rennie
- R.M. of Whitemouth incl. Elma
- Shoal Lake Reserves