Advertisement

Visible smoke, brief power outage at St. Paul’s Hospital

Fire crews responded to a blown transformer at the Saskatoon hospital on Sunday morning. Files / Global News

The Saskatoon Fire Department arrived at St. Paul’s Hospital on Sunday morning, responding to 911 calls about smoke emanating from the building.

Firefighters arrived shortly after 9:30 a.m., and quickly determined a transformer had blown, according to a statement.

The transformer is located on the outside of the hospital and smoke drifted inside and down a hallway.

READ MORE: Saskatoon house, garage destroyed in fire

The statement also said a brief power outage occurred when the transformer malfunctioned, but back-up generators quickly activated and city crews arrived shortly after to fix the problem.

No one was injured from the smoke or during the power outage.

Advertisement

Sponsored content