Child playing with matches may have caused minor North Kildonan house fire

A piece of tape blocking off the scene of a fire. File / Getty Images

After a Friday evening house fire in North Kildonan, officials are warning parents to talk to their kids about the dangers of playing with matches and lighters.

Firefighters went to a house on Claudia Place to extinguish a fire in a bedroom just before 9 p.m. They extinguished the blaze within 15 minutes.

READ MORE: Winnipeg fire crews respond to 2 early morning house fires Monday

Paramedics assessed one person on scene for injuries.

The Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service believes a child playing with matches accidentally caused the fire. The city suggests parents always store lighters and matches in a place where children can’t access them.

Click to play video: 'Pritchard Avenue vacant house fire'
Pritchard Avenue vacant house fire

Sponsored content