Video captures Fredericton police’s armed response to weapons complaint, 3 arrested

Video captures Fredericton police response to weapons complaint
Warning: This video may contain violent content. Discretion advised. Fredericton police say three youths were taken into custody after they responded to reports of a loud party.

A video capturing the actions of the Fredericton Police Force as they responded to an alleged weapons complaint on Saturday has gone viral.

The video, which as of 11:30 a.m. on Sunday has been shared 526 times and viewed more than 30,000 times, show officers responding in full tactical gear to a house at the intersection of Main Street and Alder Street at approximately 1:00 a.m., on Saturday.

Officers can be seen pulling up to the home in the force’s armoured vehicle, shooting out a window to deploy tear gas, breaking down a door and then searching the home with weapons drawn.

A portion of the video also shows police taking a male to the ground and deploying a Taser before arresting him.

READ MORE: Former commanding officer of N.B. RCMP to become new Fredericton police chief

Police say the scenes captured in the video show officers responding to a loud party of at least 100 people at approximately 1:00 a.m., on Saturday.

Story continues below advertisement

Police say the call was then upgraded to a weapons call before police arrived as there were reports shots may have been fired inside the home.

DeAndre DeLeavey, 19, has confirmed to Global News that he is the man arrested in the video and the owner of the home.

DeLeavey says that police had attempted to clear out his home when he went out to talk to them and assist them.

WATCH: Drone donated to Fredericton Police Force

Drone donated to Fredericton Police Force
Drone donated to Fredericton Police Force

He alleges that police then told him that he wasn’t allowed back in the home as they investigated.

“Most of the attendees cleared the residence with no issue, and complied with police requests to evacuate to safety,” said Alycia Bartlett, a spokesperson with the Fredericton Police Force.

Story continues below advertisement

“There were a few people that did not comply, and were creating a hostile and unsafe environment for the people on the scene and the police.”

DeLeavey says he was getting agitated as he attempted to try to discuss with police about how he could help them.

“They didn’t approach the situation well from what I saw,” he said.

It was then that DeLeavy was taken into custody by police.

The 19-year-old says he’s been left with Taser marks in his back and a black eye as a result of his arrest. Police have confirmed that the teen was arrested for resisting a peace officer and assaulting a peace officer.

DeLeavey says both panes of the upstairs window are damaged, the home’s garage door has been broken and multiple doors in the home were busted as a result of the police response.

READ MORE: Trial of alleged Fredericton shooter set for 8 weeks this autumn

Police say three youths were taken into custody as a result of the incident.

Fredericton police say one youth was taken into custody and faces charges of possession of a firearm, prohibited weapons and drugs. Police say they located a firearm on his person.

Story continues below advertisement

Another youth was arrested for resisting a peace officer.

Bartlett says one officer received a minor injury as a result of the incident but did not require treatment.

“Considering the nature of the call, including the presence of a firearm, alcohol, and drugs, we are thankful that the call concluded without any further injuries or incidents,” said Bartlett.

Police say the case remains under investigation and they’ll not release any more information at this time.