Chef David Hawksworth shows off his recipe for carrot cake pancakes with cinnamon whipped cream.
Yield/number of portions: 8 x 200g
40g baking powder
5g baking soda
170g butter (melted)
120g carrots (grated)
2g orange zest
0.2 ground nutmeg
Cinnamon Whipped Cream:
250ml whipping cream
5ml lemon juice
1. Weigh out all dry ingredients and place in one bowl, add the spices and dry blend.
2. Mix all wet ingredients together. In a kitchen mixer or using a large bowl, whisk the wet ingredients into the dry and beat for three to four minutes. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Spray a baking ring and non-stick pan with spray grease. Pour the desired amount for your pancake. We recommend 200g pancake mix in a 14-centimetre metal pastry ring for a nice, high pancake.
4. Fry on medium heat until the sides set and air bubbles form on the sides. Remove the ring and flip the pancake. Cook until golden. Finish in the oven for five minutes, if too large, to cook through the batter.
Cinnamon whipped cream:
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk all ingredients together until soft peak stage. Leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
1. Serve pancakes warm with a dollop of cinnamon whipped cream on top and maple syrup.