Advertisement

Côte Saint-Luc couple found dead, carbon monoxide poisoning suspected

Carbon monoxide poisoning suspected after Côte Saint-Luc couple found dead
WATCH ABOVE: The Quebec Coroner's Office is investigating after an elderly couple was found dead inside a home in Côte Saint-Luc.

The Quebec Coroner’s Office is investigating after an elderly couple was found dead inside a home in Côte Saint-Luc on Wednesday evening.

READ MORE: Carbon monoxide detectors to be mandatory in all Quebec schools: Education Minister

The bureau confirmed the victims as Roger Banon and Simone Elkeslassy.

“Lovely neighbours, the nicest couple,” said Sarah Raskin, who lives nearby.

“He was full of humour, full of spunk. She was so elegant, she was warm, she was kind.”

Tweet This

Firefighters were called to the home on Cavendish Boulevard, near Fleet Road, just before 9 p.m. after receiving reports of a strong odour that resembled gas.

WATCH BELOW: Are you protected from carbon monoxide?

Are you protected from carbon monoxide?
Are you protected from carbon monoxide?

The victims were apparently found in a bedroom above the garage, where their car was found still running.

Story continues below advertisement

READ MORE: At least 43 children, adults in hospital after carbon monoxide leak at a Montreal school

A family member discovered the bodies.

Officials say a possible cause of the deaths could be carbon monoxide poisoning.

WATCH BELOW: Quebec moves to make carbon monoxide detectors mandatory in schools

Quebec moves towards making carbon monoxide detectors mandatory in schools
Quebec moves towards making carbon monoxide detectors mandatory in schools