UPDATE: A blaze in a home at unit 4, 9159 Glenmore Road was caused by a fire near the gas hot water tank, according to Lake Country fire chief Steve Windsor.
The fire burned through the water pipes that lead into the home, prompting the massive flooding on Monday night.
Windsor estimates more than $200,000 worth of damage was caused by the fire and flood, affecting three units in the complex.
A fire and flood in a Lake Country home lead to tens of thousands of dollars in damage on Monday night.
The Lake Country Fire Department was called to a home on Glenmore Road near Shanks Road just after 9 p.m. for a report of thick, black smoke.
A fire had broken out in a mechanical room of one of the single-storey townhouse units, according to fire chief Steve Windsor.
At the same time, a water pipe burst helping douse the flames, but caused extensive water damage that also affected two neighbouring units.
About 16 inches of water accumulated in the basement.
The resident estimates there is $40-50,000 in damage from the flood and fire.
© 2019 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.